Monday, November 7, 2011

Hair Blather

This post isn't about anything specific, just some hair blather. I haven't liked how my ends have been feeling lately, so I dusted today and they feel much smoother and look better. I also did some research into my under-processed problem and I think I figured why its been happening.

1) Since I've been on my HHJ I have been using more oils and moisturizer on my hair which may have coated it
2) For my last two relaxers I stretched to 12 weeks when previously I had relaxed at 6 weeks post
3) The last section I relaxed usually did not have the relaxer in very long and was usually the most underprocessed

All these factors contributed to my under-processed areas, and now I have to figure out a way to do a corrective relaxer. From my research a no lye relaxer cannot be used to correct a previously done no lye relaxer. This means I need to do my corrective with a lye relaxer if I want to see any results. I have also decided to relax at 8 weeks post so i wont be dealing with too much new growth. I will also do the half and half method to ensure that I don't find myself running out of time. A corrective is a pretty precise procedure as the relaxer should first be placed on the new growth then smoothed onto the under processed hair for the last FIVE minutes of the process. Seeing as I have at least 3 to 4 inches of texlaxed hair thats gonna be a helluva lot of smoothing :S.

My next relaxer, and the couple after will be on the following schedule:

Dec 23rd at 8 weeks
Feb 15th at 8 weeks
May 2nd at 11 weeks


I also purchased this book to tide me over until I can get The Science of Black Hair.


Beautiful Black Hair: Real Solutions to Real Problems--A Step by Step Instructional Guide


Thats all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment