Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Relaxer Day, Oct 26th 2010

Not having my laptop is really hampering me from blogging regularly but finally, here's my relaxer day update.

I relaxed using ORS relaxer kit in normal

Weeks before my relaxer I clearly outlined my new relaxer process and followed it to a 'T'

1. I sectioned my hair prior to putting the relaxer in which cut down on my application time
2. Applied the relaxer to the areas that are usually underprocessed first (my crown)
3. Overlapped my relaxer onto underprocessed hair while smoothing
4. Let the relaxer sit for 30 mins (10 mins more than recommended but I really wanted my hair straight this time)
5. Rinsed the relaxer out using warm water
6. Applied Aphogee 2 min reconstructor and V05 Moisture Milk Conditioner for 2 mins
7. Neutralized three times, leaving the neutrlizer in for 5 mins during the second rinse
8. Deep conditioned with heat with ORS Replenishing conditoner and evoo for 30 mins
9. ACV rinse followed by cold water rinse
10. Used ORS moisturizer as my leave in and did a roller set

End result?


I am definitely grazing APL and will probably be 'full' APL when I relax at the end of December, right on target with my HHJ timeline. I am extremely pleased with the progress that I've made so far, and also with the fact that my ends look fine and there is no need for a trim. (my last trim was in June).

I did notice that my hair grew approximately 1 inch over the three months so for this stretch I will be trying msm and biotin and upping my water intake to see if that causes an increase in the rate of my hair growth. I want my full .5 of an inch per month! lol! I'm awful at remembering to take pills tho so we'll see if I can stick to taking them regularly.


August relaxer results against October relaxer results. Slowly but surely I'm getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment