Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Updates

I've been such a bad blogger! But, in my defense I am currently in my homeland of Trinidad and Tobago enjoying a much needed break from school and that cold DC weather.

Now for the updates,

Regimen changes:
I believe I mentioned before that I would be tweaking my regimen a bit for the next leg of my HHJ. So far I,

1) Switched out my ORS moisturizing lotion for Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Leave in. I felt that ORS was a little on the heavy side and if i used it between washes my hair would go straight from dry to heavy and coated, with no inbetween stage. I wanted to try something lighter so NTM it was. So far I like it. It makes my hair feel kinda 'wet' when I first apply it but after I seal with my trusty evoo my hair feels moisturized but not weighed down.

 2) Started using my 1 and 3/4 inch rollers again. I noticed that although my hair dries faster with my larger rollers it doesn't have as much bounce as it does when I use the smaller ones. So I am going back to using these on wash days IF and WHEN I have enough time for them to dry properly. My last wash day I was under the dryer for a couple hrs then slept with them in...definitely a longer drying time but all worth it.

3) I switched my shampoo from Head and Shoulders to Kerapro moisturizing shampoo for dry hair. Kerapro is Sally's generic version of the Kerastase line. After reading the rave reviews over at Longingforlength and RelaxedHairHealth I decided to give it a try. I found that while my hair was definitely clean it wasn't squeaky-stripped clean which was a definite plus, as I think H&S is pretty drying. I will be doing a more detailed post on why I switched and my results pretty soon.

4) This was a tiny tweak but it gave me great results. Usually I apply my leave in then rollerset, but last wash day I applied my leave in, sealed with evoo, THEN did my rollerset. I wanted to see if applying the oil on damp/wet hair would increase how much moisture it retained. After takedown my hair felt silkier than it usually does and it definitely held moisture well over the next few days. (I only had to m and s once since, on the 5th post-wash day).

I still need to figure out how I will incorporate more protein into my regimen, but for now these are the changes I will be taking into the new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment