Monday, January 23, 2012

The Protein Overload Chronicles

When o when will this shedding stop?! Since I realized that I had overdone it on my protein I have had four wash days (I wash every 4-5 days). I clarified every other wash day and dc'ed with Nexxus humectress, evoo and hot 6 oil (on my roots) under heat every wash day.

While my shedding and breakage has slowed considerably I am still seeing a few broken hairs and my strands still pretty much snap when I pull on them instead of 'stretching slightly then snapping'.

I really need this to be over, I am not trying to have to trim again any time soon! Do any of my readers have any suggestions on dealing with protein overload?

4 comments:

  1. Hope that you get it balanced soon! My hair is not protein sensitive so on the rare occasion that I over-do it, a good moisturizing DC does the trick...

    Just continue what you're doing, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darnit I hope you get over this. Moisturizing DC works for me too. Seems like it's working for you so far so just keep it up.

    guyanesesista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey can I interview you for my Weekly Spotlight, spotlighting people's HHJ? My blog is myhairgrowstoo.blogspot.com Please reply at kraines94@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete