Sunday, March 4, 2012

Whats Up With My Hair?

Just a quick post on what I've been up to lately,


  • I'm back to applying JBCO to my scalp twice a week
  • I have decided to try NJoy'S sulphur growth aid mix, see thread on her progress here  and am currently waiting for my supplies to be delivered.
  • I bought my braiding hair (100 % kanekelon) and have been practicing my braiding technique. I'm already seeing improvement so by the time May rolls around I should be able to put my braid extensions in and have them look presentable.

O and I totally forgot to tell you guys my weave check story. So I was at a party and one of my friends that I hadn't seen in a looong time came up to me and started complimenting my hair.

She starts in with 'OMG! Your hair looks so good!"
 Flattered, I begin replying with "Aww thnx! I've been taking care of it and..." trails off as I hear           the rest of what she's saying which was,

"So what grease you've been using girl as she starts laughing"
Now thats a joke we use in trini when people put in weave or any other types of extensions. You tease the person by asking them what grease etc they've been using that has their hair growing so fast. I didn't take offense at it, I found it funny to be honest. but I did tell her it was all mine and to 'weave chk it grl!' lol! (which she did)

I find it hilarious that I'm only APL and got my first weave check, what's gonna happen when I hit BSL and MBL?
Anyways I just wanted to share that incident.

P.S. I'm working on my thesis at the moment so I may not be blogging as often for the next couple months.

5 comments:

  1. LOL! I love weave checks! Can't wait to see how the sulfur works for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i just hope it works! NJOY got an inch a month, i'll settle for .75, thats not asking much...i don't think. lol

      Delete
  2. Your hair looks so healthy, totally deserved the weave check!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't wait until I can get a weave check! That's cool. Your hair is very beautiful, I wouldn't be surprised if you were asked everyday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeni and Raven...you guys made me blush, lol! I hope my hair continues to be healthy and weave-check-worthy!

    ReplyDelete