Monday, April 2, 2012

Looking back....

Went out last night and wore my hair down for the first time in.....well quite sometime. While I loved how thick and 'happy' my hair looked I felt as if I couldnt see much difference between my hair now and my hair about a yr ago when I had just started my journey. In my defense, the true length of my hair is only really visible when its dead straight, and I very rarely wear my hair like that. I don't think straight hair suits me and I prefer to pincurl it loosely so I get a bit of a 'body wave'. I love how it looks, but it is pretty deceptive and makes me think my hair is shorter than it really is.
Then I looked at pics from last year and wow...I felt dumb lol. My hair has clearly flourished over the last year. Looking back, I can't believe I thought that my hair was healthy, compared to this mane I've been sporting of late my 'old' hair was kinda blahhh. See for yourself....


(Please note that these pics werent designated 'blog pics' so excuse all the somewhat awkward cropping, can't be putting my friends' faces all over the net n whatnot)



Pre HHJ pics - These were both taken in March 2011.  



Post HHJ pics - The pic on the left is from July 2011, about a month into my HHJ.  The pic on the right (lace dress) is from last Saturday.


So happy I took my time to go through my old pics, because this comparison really made it hit home. I'm looking at these pics and just thinking wow...I LOVE My (current) Hair! If there ever was a lesson about the importance of taking pics throughout your journey, this would be it. Now excuse me while I go pat myself on the back for getting my hair this far lol

4 comments:

  1. I can see a BIG difference! Your hair looks so much more shiny, moist, and like you said, happier! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so healthy and shiny!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can say that your post HHJ pics look much healthier. Your hair looks thicker and stronger.

    ReplyDelete