Monday, May 28, 2012

Wash Day



The last time I clarified was a little over a month ago, so I decided to use my Ion Clarifying Shampoo for this wash day.

1) Stood under the shower until my hair was drenched with water
2) Shampooed with my Head and Shoulders shampoo, focusing on my roots and scalp, particularly at my crown which is my itchy spot
3) Shampooed with my Ion clarifying shampoo concentrating on the body of my hair.
4) Rinsed and gently blotted hair until it was damp
5)Applied Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose to my thirsty roots and texlaxed hair, ORS Replenishing Conditioner to the rest of my hair, and then Hot 6 Oil, focusing especially on my ends
6)Deep conditioned for about 30 mins with heat
7)After rinsing the dc out I applied a mix of Umberto Moisturizing Conditioner, V05 Conditioner and Roux porosity control. I let this sit for a few mins then detangled with my Conair detangling comb under running water.
8)I did an acv rinse, and then repeated step 4
9)I then applied ORS moisturizing lotion as my leave in, roller set with my jumbo rollers (pictured below) and dried under my hooded dryer for about an hour.

                                          
     My jumbo roller! It can barely fit in the palm of my hand.




                                                                        The result.....


My hair felt sooo silky! There is a obvious difference between the days I use oils in my dc, and the days that I don't. I will definitely be using oils more frequently, especially now that its summer as the heat can be so drying. 
I wrapped my hair to sleep, and its still in a wrap since I intend to spend all day at home working on this thesis of mine. 
Please note that I don't usually use so many different products on my wash day, this is a temporary thing until I use up my product stash.



2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those jumbo rollers are huge!!! You got great results from your roller set using them.

    I really like the new banner and colour scheme of your blog.

    Here's to more Happy Wash Days!

    T

    ReplyDelete