Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hair Updates

Just a peep into what's on my mind these days in terms of haircare.

 - I flat ironed my hair for myself for the first time in aaaages so I could take a look at my ends. I thought they needed a trim but I found exactly one single strand knot and that was about it. They still feel smooth and look fine so they're holding up pretty well. P.S. Why am I relaxed and getting single strand knots? This is the second one I've found!

- I have noticed a little thinning on my hairline on the right side and after about 2 weeks of some hard thinking finally realised that I ALWAYS sleep on my right side. Traction alopecia is one of my major hair fears so hopefully I can train myself to sleep on my other side or on my stomach....

 - I was debating whether or not to relax before my surgery, at approx 10 weeks post but then I saw the comment left by Tama of 'Simply into My Hair' on my last blog post. Her research on telogen effluvium turned up a tip of not using chemical dye in your hair prior to having surgery. Just to be on the safe side I think I should hold off on relaxing until a month or so after surgery.

 - I no longer take garlic supplements so I will be investing in a garlic shampoo and/or scalp mask. One of the properties of garlic is that it lowers your blood pressure, and while I was taking it I felt tired a lot. I can't say for sure that it was solely the garlic that was responsible for my fatigue, but my energy levels have picked back up a bit since I quit taking it.

 - I took advantage of my flat ironed hair to do a length check, and I seem to be right on target to hit BSB in July :D

 - My scalp has been thanking me for starting back my acv rinses, usually in the summer by 4 days post wash day my scalp starts acting up but its is chilling out of late. Anything that gets me to stretch my wash days farther apart gets a thumbs up in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment