Thursday, November 15, 2012

Telogen Effluvium Update

My hair shedding is easing up a bit, I stay throwing out my wash day shed hair so no pics yet but just trust me it is!

However, I am now left with a kinda sparse looking hairline. On a scale of 1 to Naomi Campbell it's about a 5 or a 6, but since its usually a 3 that is not good enough for me! I don't like using castor oil right after a relaxer, as it makes my strands clump together, but I want my hairline back to or close to normal by my next relaxer so will just have to deal with clumpy strands...#womp. I am still trying to be positive about this whole telogen thing...It could have been A LOT worse so for now I just need to take this in stride.

Please excuse the puffiness of my face/cheeks in this pic....it happens from time to time and will likely continue to happen til i'm about 6 months post surgery.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Rana

    I'm glad to hear your shedding is easing! I hope your recovery is going well/to plan.

    I'm sure your edges will be back soon in all ofteir full glory (",)

    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why this came up as unknown.....? It's Tama from Simply Into My HAIR.

      Delete
  2. Thnx Tama! so far its been okay, have a little numbness in my chin but nothing i cant deal with. my shedding has eased up, have a post coming up soon on that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings Rana! Newbie here! I read your articles about shedding ... I am experiencing some shedding and while it is a bit frustrating, it is good to hear that it is self-correcting! :o)

    ReplyDelete