Sunday, December 30, 2012

Last Relaxer of 2012, I made BSL!

I relaxed my hair at 8 weeks post. I had more new growth than usual, so my hair felt like it was more like 10 weeks post, plus I just didn't feel like dealing with the two textures.  I used my usual products, ORS Lye relaxer, normal strength etc as detailed here. The results are below! (The tops are the same just diff colors so it should make for an easy comparison).



Nov vs Dec relaxer


I gained about an inch which was expected as it was a pretty short stretch. But more importantly, I made BSL!!!! I use the length chart below as I think its perfect for someone like me who wears their bra really low. According to this chart, MBL is only about an inch (or less) away *happy dance*



In the pic on the left my finger is at the top of my bra strap, on the right its at the bottom. The bottom of my bra strap is where MBL hits me so I should be there pretty soon :)


                                                                My hair from the front




It's pretty surreal to me that I made BSL this year. I keep looking at the pictures like am I really past the top of my bra strap?? lol! I was so sure that I wouldn't get to that milestone until sometime in 2013!  I am EXTREMELY grateful that so far my hair journey has been a pretty smooth one, and hope that it continues in the same way. 

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Your hair looks beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on reaching BSL! I reached APL so I know the excitement you feel. I wish you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and congrats on reaching APL!

      Delete
  3. Your hair is gorgeous! I love how thick it is and your ends! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks jen! It's trying to be like yours someday lol

      Delete
  4. congrats your hair looks lush. thick and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wonderful Rana! Your hair is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on making BSL! Beautiful hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on reaching BSL!!! I love your ends they look so thick and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on BSL!!! I am so jelly at your ends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The unevenness of my ends have been bugging me...and then you guys come in and say you love them lol. *puts blunt cut on hold* Thank you everyone!

    ReplyDelete