Longing4Length Protective Styling Challenge
Ebony over at Longing4Length is hostin a protective styling challenge and I will most definitely be participating! I've noticed that now that my hair is longer I tend to want to leave it more etc and if I really want to make waist length this year that ish needs to stop. The rules of the challenge are as follows:
- A protective style for purposes of this challenge is defined as any style in which your ends are not exposed or touching your clothing. Buns, updos, french braids, french rolls, etc all count.
- You may only wear your hair down for 7 days throughout the entire three months total! Whether you choose to do one week, a couple of weekends or not at all – you only have a 7 day allowance.
- Only one direct heat pass but try not to use it at all!
- Protective styles means your ends must be hidden, so half up/half down ‘dos don’t count!
- Must deep condition your hair at least two times per month.
- You are not excluding from using fake hair – wigs, weaves, extensions, crochet braids, etc.
I've decided to use my 7 'hair down' days for the nights that i'm going out...which will definitely be less than 7 now that school is starting back. My 1 heat pass will be used on my next relaxer day in March. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone's styles, as I've found it personally hard to keep protective styling interesting.
This is my starting length, my Dec relaxer pic
P.S. One good thing has already come of this challenge, I found more hair blogs to follow! :)