Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Longing4Length Protective Styling Challenge


                     Longing4Length Protective Styling Challenge


Ebony over at Longing4Length is hostin a protective styling challenge and I will most definitely be participating! I've noticed that now that my hair is longer I tend to want to leave it more etc and if I really want to make waist length this year that ish needs to stop. The rules of the challenge are as follows:
  • A protective style for purposes of this challenge is defined as any style in which your ends are not exposed or touching your clothing.  Buns, updos, french braids, french rolls, etc all count.
  • You may only wear your hair down for 7 days throughout the entire three months total!  Whether you choose to do one week, a couple of weekends or not at all – you only have a 7 day allowance.
  • Only one direct heat pass but try not to use it at all!
  • Protective styles means your ends must be hidden, so half up/half down ‘dos don’t count!
  • Must deep condition your hair at least two times per month.
  • You are not excluding from using fake hair – wigs, weaves, extensions, crochet braids, etc.
I've decided to use my 7 'hair down' days for the nights that i'm going out...which will definitely be less than 7 now that school is starting back. My 1 heat pass will be used on my next relaxer day in March. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone's styles, as I've found it personally hard to keep protective styling interesting. 



This is my starting length, my Dec relaxer pic


P.S. One good thing has already come of this challenge, I found more hair blogs to follow! :)

6 comments:

  1. OMG - look at how your hair has grown since I last saw it!!!! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks gorgeous in this picture - so thick and carefree!

    I want my hair to look just like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have found some interesting ideas for hair-dos lovers. I think many of you will appreciate this:
    Buzzed hair
    By the way, I followed you up with GFC, it'd be great if you follow me back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my experience - the most important thing is to keep your hair healthy by taking care of your overall health. I have strongly suffered from seasonal hair loss. Did not want to go to the doctors, tried different shampoos, conditioners, misc hair nutrition products – with almost no results whatsoever. Then, I’ve read on the hair support forum that there could be a lot of internal reasons for hair loss, and the basic nutrition has to be done from inside out. I started to take vitamins and supplements. Recently, I’ve read about Hair Gain Formula by Military Grade and tried also this supplement product. What especially catched y attention - this product is the only nutraceutical which possesses prostaglandin D2 blocking properties. I’ve been taking it from September and fortunate for me I no longer have seasonal hair loss. I am happy I don’t have to take dozens of pills - all necessary vitamins are contained in this supplement. And it really works! Will definitely take it until spring at least, to check the second ‘dangerous’ season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Present-day pomades are made from fresh vegetable oils and beeswax, which can be removed by a single shampooing.

    ReplyDelete