Saturday, March 1, 2014

Update time!

Hi guys!

Just checking in with a brief update on my hair. I am more or less at waistlength (its hard to tell on me cuz I have such a short torso). and a couple inches from hip length. Funny enough, I still don't think of myself as having 'long hair' until I see it in pics then I'm like 'Whoa! Is all that mine?!'. 

Somewhere along the way my long term goal went fom BSL to waist length, then to 'I want hair that touches my butt' aka hip length lol. I am on track to meet this goal by the end of the year which sounds crazy to me! So here's what my hair looks like now...




The orange line is my estimated hip length, 3 inches to go!! :D :D

And below is what my hair looks like when its airdried. This is a repost from my ig I had captioned as 'post-wash, pre-taming, outchea lookin like Mufasa birthed me!' lol


I toyed with the idea of getting a corrective relaxer done, but then realised that I love the thickness of my hair. At the moment the only part of my hair thats relaxed dead straight are the last three inches or so, which is why my ends look so stringy in the first pic (the relaxed ends are also weaker due to me going blonde pre hair journey). Ya'll know how I feel about thick, blunt ends so I am honestly not happy with my hemline right now, but the ends themselves aren't split or anything so I'm finding it hard to justify a big trim.

What I have decided to do is to trim about 1/2 inch with every relaxer...at that rate I should still achieve hip length by December, or be pretty close to it. I did a trim shortly after I took that pic last week, and depending on how I feel when I relax in a couple weeks I might trim another inch. Either way by the end of the year there will no longer be any bone straight relaxed hair on this head of mine. 

Thats all for now, will update again with my next relaxer! 

13 comments:

  1. Nice!! I absolutely luv the second picture with all the hair length AND the thickness, Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks luscious!!
    Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks great, lovely thickness x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thickness is amazing. Great results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to have you back. I've missed your updates. Your hair looks amazeball Rana!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Rana amazing! Meanwhile I can't even maintain APL. At least I know it can be done. Hopefully I will figure out what is going on with mine so I can reach a length like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - beautiful hair! Your hair looks great and it seems like you went from BSL to WL over night. Great progress and inspiration. HHG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thnx guys!!!! gonna be trying to blog a little more regularly from now on...operative word TRYING lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In my opinion, if your shoes and your head look great – this is already 80% success! Both should be carefully taken care of:) When it comes to my hair, several times in my life I have faced severe hair loss. Therefore, I am always looking for new recipes and go on with old ones in order to support my hair and provide it with thorough nutrition. What helps me on my way is a special nutritional supplement – Hair Gain Formula. It is produced by a well-known company in the sphere of sports and health – Military Grade. Vitamins are crucial for our immune system, they keep my tone up and my hair in order).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog as I was looking for articles on corrective relaxer. You blog is lovely and your hair is amazing. I'm looking at getting a corrective relaxer soon, I'm not happy with the state of my hair and the frizz of the under processed parts.would love any suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hair looks great, I can't wait till my hair gets this long.
    Please check out my new blog about my hair journey.

    beautyofhairjourney.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete